The Council's Names through the Years

 

The Council of Churches of the City of New York was originally founded as New York Federation of Churches and Christian Workers in 1895. The following is a list of the Council’s name changes reflecting our history.

1895 – 1901: New York Federation of Churches and Christian Workers

1901 – 1925: The Federation of Churches and Christian Organizations in New York City

1925 – 1943: The Greater New York Federation of Churches

1943 – 1968: The Protestant Council of the City of New York

1968 – Today: The Council of Churches of the City of New York

 

 


Bringing together the New York City leadership of Christian Denominations and Borough Councils of Churches, including:
Anglican, Baptist, Congregational, Disciples, Lutheran, Methodist, Moravian, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Reformed, and
Independent Churches

 

475 Riverside Drive Ste 727

New York, NY 10115-0070

212-870-1020

FAX 212-870-1025

cccny@cccny.net

 

 

About the Council News & Information JFK Airport Chapel Congregational Directory
Leadership ResourcesAdvocacy Resources Links Religious Liberty Donate Contact Us